This is the old site. Please use the new site.

Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Omega Owners Forum

Home Shop Help Search Members Login  

www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php.

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
OMEGA CAR CLUB (Read 7216 times)
MikeDundee
Omega King

for a bit.....

Costa Del Peckham

Drives: Irmscher Omega 3.0 V6
OMEGA CAR CLUB
30. Sep 2006 at 16:46

It appears other than Autobahnstormers, there are no specific clubs solely for omega owners, so why not look at setting one up? Smiley

MikeDundee  
IP Logged

Kev
Omega Knight

.:The OmegaProject:.

Glasgow
Re: OMEGA CAR CLUB
Reply #1 - 30. Sep 2006 at 17:16

MikeDundee wrote on 30. Sep 2006 at 16:46:
It appears other than Autobahnstormers, there are no specific clubs solely for omega owners, so why not look at setting one up? Smiley

Autobahnstormers is a 6 cylinder club relating to all Vx/Opel 6 cylinder cars. From previous experience i didn't think support of the Omega was all that good, although that may have changed.

As for setting a club up, we have, it's called OmegaOwners.com, and it's the best there is. It also doesn't cost you a penny, unlike Autobahnstormers.  Smiley

OmegaProject.co.uk .:. Fuelled with passion...
IP Logged

MikeDundee
Omega King

for a bit.....

Costa Del Peckham

Reply #2 - 30. Sep 2006 at 19:09

Kev, thats great I am actually a member of VXSCC Have been for a couple of years now, but have'nt as yet joined any regional clubs, have been in touch with autobahnstormers, wealth of knoweldge. But I think there should to be a specific omega club, it appears there is over three hundred members of this forum, that should be enough if it set up properly. Just need to look at various memebrs of the forum, areas,and interests, venues etc.. WAIT AND SEE WHAT OTHER fORUM MEMEBRS THINK?   I been going to the VBOA for the past two years now have met the east cost VXSCC members e.g., fife, tayside etc
« Last Edit: 30. Sep 2006 at 19:15 by MikeDundee »  

MikeDundee  
IP Logged

MikeDundee
Omega King

for a bit.....

Costa Del Peckham

Reply #3 - 30. Sep 2006 at 19:18

YEAH MY APOLOGIES I AM HALF PISSED, BUSY TRYING TO PRINT OFF PICTURES FOR A 120 QUID FINE I JUST GOT WHEN I WENT FOR A 5 MINUTE SHOP. I AM GONNA POST AN ITEM OF THIS ONE, LAUGH I NEARLY CRIED.

WELL I AM UP TO JOIN THE OMEGA CLUB ANYWAY. NUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN OMEGA CLUB AT THE VBOA SO IS THERE OTHER VENUES ATTENDED?

MikeDundee  
IP Logged

Admin
Administrator

Reply #4 - 01. Oct 2006 at 08:34

Far too soon to think about setting up a club. We have not yet managed 3 months as a forum. Wink

A club is something I will look at in the future, if it is right for everyone, but I have a problem with clubs (charging a fee for information!).

This is set up to help people for free and that is not going to change.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

MikeDundee
Omega King

for a bit.....

Costa Del Peckham

Reply #5 - 01. Oct 2006 at 09:23

Yeah I think this site is great, Given that it is free, and I agree with your opionion regarding clubs charging for information (not that I had asked for any or been charged), was'nt actually aware clubs charged for info;

MikeDundee  
IP Logged

Admin
Administrator

Reply #6 - 01. Oct 2006 at 10:01

My problem with clubs like the Autobahnstormers is that you have to be a member to access the information on the forums.

I believe that is partly why they are not as good as they could be, as people will look elsewhere first.

Here we give information freely. The only things that will be charged will be items where cost of production needs to be recovered.
This will bever be run any other way.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

MikeDundee
Omega King

for a bit.....

Costa Del Peckham

Reply #7 - 01. Oct 2006 at 10:14

Yeah fair do's on that front, this Forum is great, and I only found out about it through TV mag. It also appears that through this Forum folks are already starting some local meets etc., which is great. Obviously, would be good to meet up with other Forum members, at venues that are held throughout the year, e.g., Santa pod, trax, vboa meet etc.. I can't do Santa Pod as I will be in Thailand. Smiley

MikeDundee  
IP Logged

The Barge Captain
Omega Knight

Back in the land of the
economicaly active

Bristol

Drives: Saab 95 vector sport 1.9TiD
Reply #8 - 06. Oct 2006 at 13:09

Quote:
Far too soon to think about setting up a club. We have not yet managed 3 months as a forum. Wink

A club is something I will look at in the future, if it is right for everyone, but I have a problem with clubs (charging a fee for information!).

This is set up to help people for free and that is not going to change.

What happened with the idea of donations towards running costs (of the site , not your Omega / woman / unhealthy internet interests)
Also there was talk of window stickers with the forum details etc. on.  I'm still interested.

Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

IP Logged

Martin Imber
Over Active Poster

LPG Omega V6 - Keyfobs
Rebuilt

Worcester

Drives: 2001 Omega 2.6CD LPG & 3.0 cams
Reply #9 - 07. Oct 2006 at 20:34

Just get number plates like mine!

The other tuned 2.6. DIY LPG, towbar, upgrade ICE & Wing Spoiler, Air shocks, Eibach Pro Springs, Poly WB bushes, WIM setup, HID conversion, 3.0 cams, ported ect.
IP Logged

MikeDundee
Omega King

for a bit.....

Costa Del Peckham

Reply #10 - 07. Oct 2006 at 20:57

With Omega Owners Forum on the border?

MikeDundee  
IP Logged

MV6Matt

On 19's with 3 litre cams
and Irmscher kit

London

Drives: '98 2.5 V6 CDX Estate (in MV6 guise with lots of Irmscher)
Reply #11 - 08. Oct 2006 at 17:24

This forum is just the thing I'd been looking for and as soon as Ron (McBurger) told me about it I came here.
The rear wheel drive forum on Vxon was the best place I knew of before this forum and very helpful it was for me too.
I'm also an Autobahnstormer and as such I've no particular interest in the Lotus Carlton and all the other 6 cylinder cars that that club supports, but it does support the Omega:the Omega is a very poor relation in my brief experience. 
I did not renew my VXSCC this year as it is not Omega specific enough - (like TV) good for Vaux especially corsa/nova/astra/Vectra etc but not much on Meegas - looking in the ads illustrates how little (comparitively, in my opinion) there is for Omegas.
So, an Omega specific club? Yeah, why not? What's to stop the forum being a part of any such club? Don't have to join but can benefit from participating. So maybe 3 months is too soon. Doesn't mean that it's not a possibility at some point, does it?
I'd like to promote the Omega (and this forum) at a TV show at Santa Pod in the future - Lots of other vaux cars already are!
Happy to be involved if there's interest.
Matthew

IP Logged

TheBoy
Administrator

TBE has an MOT!

Brackley, Northants

Drives: 98 MV6, 03 Elite, 00 25, 89 ZX10
Reply #12 - 08. Oct 2006 at 17:48

MV6Matt wrote on 08. Oct 2006 at 17:24:
This forum is just the thing I'd been looking for and as soon as Ron (McBurger) told me about it I came here.
The rear wheel drive forum on Vxon was the best place I knew of before this forum and very helpful it was for me too.
I'm also an Autobahnstormer and as such I've no particular interest in the Lotus Carlton and all the other 6 cylinder cars that that club supports, but it does support the Omega:the Omega is a very poor relation in my brief experience.
I did not renew my VXSCC this year as it is not Omega specific enough - (like TV) good for Vaux especially corsa/nova/astra/Vectra etc but not much on Meegas - looking in the ads illustrates how little (comparitively, in my opinion) there is for Omegas.
So, an Omega specific club? Yeah, why not? What's to stop the forum being a part of any such club? Don't have to join but can benefit from participating. So maybe 3 months is too soon. Doesn't mean that it's not a possibility at some point, does it?
I'd like to promote the Omega (and this forum) at a TV show at Santa Pod in the future - Lots of other vaux cars already are!
Matthew

It is too soon to start forming a true club - we are only nearly 3 months old...

As you may well have read already, all 4 of the Admins have a problem with charging for info that we believe should be public and free, and have publically stated that it is our intention that such info will always remain free here.

Thats not to say that a club won't be formed at some point, but our current focus is with this website.

If you are going to kick a car, remember to wear appropriate footwear
Any posts are the result of my own views as a member of OOF, which may or may not be the same as my views as part of the Admin Team.
IP Logged

MikeDundee
Omega King

for a bit.....

Costa Del Peckham

Reply #13 - 08. Oct 2006 at 19:45

TheBoy wrote on 08. Oct 2006 at 17:48:
MV6Matt wrote on 08. Oct 2006 at 17:24:
Matthew

It is too soon to start forming a true club - we are only nearly 3 months old...

As you may well have read already, all 4 of the Admins have a problem with charging for info that we believe should be public and free, and have publically stated that it is our intention that such info will always remain free here.

Thats not to say that a club won't be formed at some point, but our current focus is with this website.

It's great to see how this site with the current members that have the technical knowledge, is given for free, and in addition to this other members are helping out forum members close by, or that are reasonably close in terms of travelling distance with mechanical issues. Given that I STARTED THIS POST I DO AGREE WITH THE ADMINISTRATORS APPROACH. I AM ALSO A MEMBER OF VXscc but not connected to any regional club. Next year, which is a long way away, a meet at the VBOA would be great for all OMEGA FORUM MEMBERS, just to show them how out of touch they are, and how much interest there is in the Omegas. In terms of charging i again agree with the administrators, and should a club be set up as mentioned in a previous response from LAIDBACK it would only be for admin costs associated with the production of materials / postage. This is what sets this site apart from others, need I say any more, as i think if you spend enough time looking through the posts and feedback it speaks for itself, and in my view the administrators have acheived their goal already. Smiley         

MikeDundee  
IP Logged

Nickffc

Terrington St Clement, Norfolk

Drives: 2000 3.0 MV6 ESTATE
Reply #14 - 11. Oct 2006 at 22:53

a few years ago i owned a carlton 3.0GSI 24V (blimy thats a big badge for the back of the car) and was a member of the autobhanstormers and even though paying for membership 20 i think. it was a pretty good "gang" to be part of..... went to a few meets, did a trak day at silverstone..(wicked fun even in a auto) and a weekend at the vauxhall show at billing aquadrome....blinding weekend of cars booze and lots of larfs.....
i'm also a member (no fee) of a bike forum "londonbikers.com" which is very similer to this site, good advice,very funny at times and real nice people. it's been going for a while now and does regular meets in and around london, rideouts to the coast...and even has it's own podcast each month....

what i'm getting at is, i came to this site not that long ago and i had no idea that it was so young.......feels like its been here for ages....and thats a good thing.......well done fellas Wink....so if you do decide to charge a membership, a donation even...go for it, i think, including myself most people would be happy to support the fine work that goes into a site like this......

flattery over....where's me free membership...... Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: 11. Oct 2006 at 22:58 by Nickffc »  

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT......!!!!
3.0 MV6 Estate
1.9dti Astravan sportive
WWW Nickffc  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print